Summer Fun Challenge 2015
Organizing the 2015 Google I/O Extended in Düsseldorf was a great experience!
As always the Google’s Developer Group community was super helpful to set up this event.
The GDG Düsseldorf chapter team added a special contest which ended at the Google I/O called “Summer Fun Challenge”.
Many developers and tech enthusiasts from in and around Düsseldorf joined in good spirits, even-though the classic German summer weather tried to sabotage us with a true rain storm. My Respect goes out to all of the people attending and especially to the nine brave teams / participants of this year’s Summer Fun Challenge!
The winners were chosen by the 60 guests attending the event. 47 votes were registered through a Google Docs form.
Things I learned during the organization of this event:
- Using Google Hangouts for video conferencing is really fun and feels like we’re really in the future now.
- Google Docs forms have a “results summary” view.
- Scrolling in Google Sheets can be optimized. Had some trouble with this during the event.
- People can be super creative and funny at times.
- We have a great team in GDG Düsseldorf.
- Event registrations don’t really mean that people will actually attend. We had an attendance rate of 54.13% of RSVP’s.
The winners of the Summer Fun Challenge 2015
The attendees voted for these projects.
Best Design & Presentation
|1st||“OpenGrill” by Fritz Elles & Alex Kruck-Kneip||38.3%||code presentation|
|2nd||“Refresh!” by Nenad Natošević & Ognjen Mihajlović||23.4%||presentation|
|3rd||“FREIRAUM” by Georg Bednorz||14.9%||presentation|
|1st||“dim” by Frederik Schweiger||34%||presentation|
|2nd||“FallingAndroid” by Pascal Dornfeld||21.3%|
|3rd||“OpenGrill” by Fritz Elles & Alex Kruck-Kneip||12.8%||code presentation|
This event would not have been possible without the support of these sponsors: Google Developer Groups, Scaratec IT, Rheinfabrik, Appsrise, HRS Hotelsearch, Grandcentrix and Simvelop.
Also big thank you to the team: Ann-Katrin, Frederik, Jens, Randy, Resul and the others who helped set it up.
More about GDG Düsseldorf on the Google+ page: +gdgdusseldorf
Subscribe to my RSS feed