- I don’t always share the coolest online content, but when I do, I do it - mostly - through Google+ and Twitter
- I’m was active in the GDG Düsseldorf developers community, where I helped organize events and presentations.
- This site was deliberately kept simple to achieve a super high PageSpeed / Mobile Friendly site score.
- I used to DJ on a weekly basis in and around Wetteren where I was once part of the PartyOn DJ Squad.
- I have collected more than 40.000 scrobbles and almost 6000 artists on Last.FM since 26 Dec 2006.
- I walked over 8.000 km wearing a FitBit band and once more than 100km within 24 hours… for fun!
- I’m a big fan of Radio Paradise
My bragging rights
- Married a beautiful American/Italian girl.
- Speaks three languages fluently.
- Rides his bicycle to work whenever he can.
- Flosses at least six times a week.
- Is capable of applying a thesaurus to seem smarter in online profile introductions.
- Has been building websites since 1998 and hasn’t stopped ever since.
Some very smart people wrote down and said some really clever things. Here are a couple of my favorites.
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” ~ Henry Ford
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” ~ Albert Einstein
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.” ~ Albert Einstein
“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” ~ Albert Einstein
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.“ ~ Robert A. Heinlein
“l’important, ce n’est pas la chute, mais l’atterissage” ~ Mathieu Kassovitz
“On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a Dog” ~ Peter Steiner
“Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil – the silent; unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.” ~ William George Jordan
“an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs.” ~ Mitch Hedburg
“The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous.” ~ Carl Sagan
Many more quotes by Carl Sagan
“Relativity is elegant, beautiful, empowering and humbling all at the same time” ~ Jason Padgett